Saturday, 14 May 2011

Nell Fabric screen printing based in the Arts and craft centre.

Dear Helen, 

My name is Dionne and I am currently in my third year at University. I came to your studio a couple of weeks ago to see whether you would mind answering a few of my questions and look at my portfolio designs, you asked me to e-mail them to you.  Thank you very much for your time, I appreciate that you are very busy.  Please find attached my design pdf, i would be very grateful for any feedback you could give me.  


Where did you study and which area did you specialize in?


How did you start off after graduation? Did you need grants? Loans?...Did you have to raise much capitol?


I notice that the studio spaces in the craft centre are occupied by people who make and sell their work in the studio which i think is really nice, What techniques are you able to achieve working in your studio space?


Do you use digital printers to apply your designs onto fabric or do you do all the printing yourself? 


Do you ever get involved with trade fairs or similar places to sell/promote your work?


Do you advertise? if so how do you advertise and is it usually successful?


Do you work alone or with other practitioners?


Where do you find your inspiration for your work?


How do you keep yourself motivated if you are faced with quiet periods whilst working in the studio?


Do you have any tips or words of advise regarding working independently rather than working for a design studio?



I really hope my questions are not too demanding! I would really appreciate it even if you could only answer a few of them.  Thank you very much for your time and i wish you every success with your work I think your designs are really fresh and exciting.  




Kind regards

Dionne Genovese





No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers